And I'm at a loss for words. My husband came home from work for an hour and a half to watch the Inauguration. I was glad to have him here as he was on the road for Election Night.
The past eight years have brought me countless lost hours of sleep. Now they are over. Whatever the results of the Obama presidency, Bush is no longer a representative of the United States and for that I'm grateful.
I think that PRESIDENT (I'll be happy not to hear "President Elect Obama" anymore) Obama will better represent America to the world in a way that I can be more comfortable with.
I wish you the best, Mr. President.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Isn't it ironic that a black man has to tell us that "it's time to put away childish things.....".
I have my America back.
i don't know which makes me happier...the fact that bush isn't president any more or that obama is...
Michael, I don't know if I find it ironic. I thought it most fitting for our new president to point out how childish we've been. We have been and it wasn't going to be a conservative capitalist to tell us that - they are part of perpetuating the problem not resolving it.
Jackie, it's a feeling we won't soon forget. Something positive after 8 years? How will we adjust? I remember feeling the same way when Clinton was elected after 12 years of Republican reign... a sort of surreal uncertainty for awhile until I got used to it. I'm sure I'll have to do that again with PRESIDENT OBAMA! I think this time it will be mostly worth it.
As Bob the Builder so eloquently puts it:
Can we fix it?
Yes We Can!
Maebius,
Good ol' Bob the Builder. Good thing there's plenty of fixing to be done - job security for Bob!
Post a Comment