Monday, April 20, 2009

Progress

Typed by Pom

Real progress was made this past weekend in the house renovation department. The remainder of the flooring has been torn up and finally there is insulation! I'm hoping that our gas bill will reflect that this next winter.

Unfortunately, Sunday took a turn for the worse. I ended up in an upper back spasm that is still rendering me motionless despite my need and efforts to get some other things done. I've had back spasms since my daughter was less than a year old (and for those not keeping track, that's 15 years). My first experience was during a second pregnancy where the spasm was a side effect of my sacrum actually being popped out from the hips on both sides (apparently pretty rare) and it was excruciating. I crawled across the floor to the phone, called my husband, he came flying home to get me into bed and take care of our infant daughter. I miscarried a week later.

My husband will put our tens unit on me tonight and see if some pain can be taken care of so I'm able to function at least a bit better tomorrow. Presently I'm having difficulty even tipping my neck back to take a drink. It's hell getting old. This particular round has gone on in my upper back, shoulder blade, shoulder, and neck all on the right side though, after a stupid move this morning, is now radiating into the left side as well. I have a reverse curve of my cervical spine that makes my neck sit the exact opposite of everyone else's. My chiropractor proved the point by placing an x-ray of his own sister's neck (a perfect specimen I guess) with her face pointing to the back of my head on my own x-ray and they lined up perfectly. Essentially my neck looks like I got whiplash, and then got it again so it's been curved exactly opposite of how it should be. The strange thing is that I have no real explanation of how this happened. So I have a lot of problems like these but normally I'm not set back so hard as I've been the last two days.

So there's a small glimpse into my world. It's enough for now. I would hate to scare off anyone squeamish with any other details of my health. But perhaps it explains a few things about my spirituality to anyone who's been following but not really understanding some of what I say and what little I'm physically able to do.

Hope everyone else is well. Take care.
Blessings /\

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

oh sweety, so sorry about the back..i've had 4 ? 5 back operations and i feel for you..back pain can knock you out of commision for weeks...ice/hot..ice/hot or so they say.

Anonymous said...

Feel better! The back and the knees are two places where I can't conceive of the pain that a person goes through when they hurt. But I know you're doing what's best so keep doing it!

Anonymous said...

:( I hope you get some relief quickly.

Pom said...

Just noticed that my Awen symbol was incomplete at the end of that post and I don't think I typed it that way. Weird.

YDG, yep I'm taking it very easy. Have to go even easier when the carpal pedal spasms kick in and mess up my ability to type!

Junior, I'm trying. Thanks ;o)

Chell, I wish for that too but it seems that it's not to be right now. These things come in cycles combined with other things and so I just have to deal.