Ok. I had this enormous rant in mind to post just a bit ago but my ADD took over and I began reading blogs of other far more talented and intelligent (not to mention much more articulate) bloggers than myself. That's when I stumbled upon Jeff's most recent post at the Druid Journal and the wind was neatly taken right out of my sails.
See, I'm not a philosopher though I wish I were. I do not reason through my thoughts, I feel them. I'm completely and utterly incapable of rationally analyzing and expressing those thoughts in order to make a point that can be understood or respected by others. Therefore I spend a great deal of my time unsatisfied on my end of arguments or debates. My "because it feels right/wrong" approach doesn't usually pan out well for me despite the fact that my feelings might be entirely "correct". I'm just not able to articulate in a way that is understood or accepted by others. More often than not I have to rely on others to put words to my feelings so I can yell "EXACTLY!" as I'm reading what they say and so perfectly explains my point of view as well.
Right now I'm angrier about all of the hypocrisy and bigotry running rampant than I know how to convey via the written word. Of course this leads to a great deal of frustration for me. I'm not an impotent child and should be able to better explain my point of view than rather than explode in a tirade until I achieve submission rather than agreement. It's a terrible way to conduct myself at this stage of life. There is logic to my thoughts and feelings but being able to express it thoroughly and convincingly is something I fail at (unless of course I'm dealing only with those who lead with the heart rather than logic and equations). If there were one thing I wish I could change about myself - that would be it.
Breathe in. Breathe out. Go to a happy place/Sacred Grove...
The Trash Heap has spoken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
but that's terrific that 'you just know it'..or 'feel it' makes perfect sense to me.
I don't have a problem with how I process things personally but the way I do it doesn't make for great blogging. ;o) lol
Post a Comment