THE Michael posted this link on his blog (which I promise to link to again in a blog roll I need to re-create). It's almost exactly what I have to say about the whole thing - if I were capable of being more succint and weren't a socialist instead of a capitalist as Maher is. Enjoy the mostly worthy read! Not everything needs to turn a profit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Been up fartoo late tonight, but had to comment. I agree.
The biggest disconnecct I have is trying to merge my ideas of wealth with the reality of paying bills. The current system doesn't work well, but removing onesself from commercialism is tough.
Need that 101st monkey to join with us and then things'll get done.
(101st monkey reference here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth-monkey_effect)
in the movie sicko..michael moore covers the insurance/medical for profit very well...
There's a rather interesting look at money, from a post-peak-oil perspective over at hte ArchDruid report recently.
http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.com/2009/07/anti-ecology-of-money.html
http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.com/2009/07/economics-of-entropy.html
Maebius, yes, I read JMG's blog too but it is dismal.
YDG - love that movie. If you own it, watch Tony Benn in the special features *swoon* (there's a gallery of interviews with Che's daughter and a couple of other women that will blow your mind too)
Post a Comment