Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ladybugs

Typed by Pom

The bathroom in our antique home (yes, we have one bathroom with a teenaged girl in the house which is its own kind of hell) has been under construction for the past 2 years. See, when you have one bathroom and the entire thing needs to be redone and you're trying to be as eco-friendly about it as possible it takes time and money. When you have one, you do not have the other. And you certainly can't shut down the one bathroom for an extended period of time to do the whole thing at once. Add to that backaches, laziness, and changes in plans and things move quite slowly in this house.

The advantage to the slow moving progress of our remodeling is that we end up with slews of ladybugs in our house. There are also spiders which are promptly relocated to the outdoors but the ladybugs are welcome to stay. The early warm-ups we've been experiencing have caused a large exodus of ladybugs milling around our abode for a few weeks now. They populate the walls, bathroom, our bed, the television screen and computer monitors. The only problem I've had with this is a ladybug flying onto my cheek during slumber. Tends to alarm even the hardest of sleepers.

Spring is rearing its head - 2 months too early. Birds are chirping and Mini Me claims to have seen a hummingbird already. Good thing there's not an actual global warming going on....

4 comments:

Alex Pendragon said...

Pack them up and send them here. We'll have a garden soon that will welcome them with open stalks!

Hrafnkell Haraldsson said...

It's like spring here too. Felt like a rainy fall day yesterday and looks like one this morning, with the fog. Crazy.

I want to start on my sacred area this spring. I might get an earlier start than I had imagined.

I grew up in a house with 5 people and one bathroom. I know that's hell just based on simple mathematics. And I've had a teenage daughter so I know what that adds to the mix - and the strain on bathroom resources!

Luck to you on that score, Pom!

Pom said...

Michael,
Sorry you can't have the ladybugs! I like them here. lol

Pom said...

Hrafnkell,

Ah, then you feel my pain! lol Did you also have a seeming mushroom colony of facial cleansers inhabiting your shower? I do believe they are reproducing right before my very eyes those cleansers. lol