Mini Me's friend is ok. It seems that the darkness detected on her CTscan was possibly scar tissue and not a tumor. I'm not sure how they confuse those but I guess that's why they call medicine "practice". At any rate I'm glad she's ok - or better off than she was.
My husband's step-dad nearly died at the beginning of the week. I'm not upset about that - it's just a piece of news.
Hubby's uncle (living with brain, throat, and lung cancer) had a decent bill of health earlier in the week. A tremendous relief to all. He's right at a year survival after they'd given him only 3-6 months at the initial diagnosis. He's hoping for one more year so his grandchildren will remember him. I hope he makes it at least that long but am unsure. My goal is to get hubby out to visit the family this coming spring. We've not been back in going on 9 years and so we owe them.
Hubby went to his first Husker game in Columbia, Missouri awhile back. I'm told he cried when the boys took the field. On Sunday he'll be going to a Bronco game since they're coming to KC to play the Chiefs. The Husker game was in the rain - the Bronco game should be in the snow. He's taking a friend from high school that he reunited with on Facebook who also happened to have moved out here right around the same time we did. His friend is quickly becoming his back up "date" since the two of us share virtually none of the same interests. I don't go to football games where neither team matters to me and I don't support car racing so his friend attends these events with him. I told him that his friend's fortunate that we share no common interests as it greatly expands his own social activity. Hubby laughed. I didn't.
As for me? Not much to say. I've caught up with a few people on Facebook that I'd not heard from for a long time and I'm glad. There are others who don't even bother themselves to speak to me though I'm not sure why. I am just glad that I've got piles of books to read to keep myself distracted or I might just be depressed - errr... - more depressed. I've not written anything for awhile except a few notes. I'm having some technical difficulties with my blog as can be evidenced by the background changes. Not exactly pretty but functional anyway. Oh. I will be planting some "trees" tomorrow despite misgivings about doing so considering the severity of our winters. I hope they pull through our winter. The way I'm going about it they should. I've had a few personal revelations but I can't say that understanding always brings comfort. Ah well. We all have our shit, right?
I guess I just thought it was time for a brief update since I've not written anything at all for awhile. I'm still here. Hope all is well with everyone else.
The Trash Heap has spoken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
seems everyone i know has a family member with health issues..makes me grateful im a cubby healthy old braod..
been reading up a storm..got a book called the pagan path and is teaching me a lot.
Sometimes it's very good that the doctor was wrong. I hope you find strength in that personal insight. Comfort will follow, or at least peace with yourself.
Post a Comment